Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Day Eight

today's daily devotions

It was unseasonably warm today, and after we dropped my son off at school my daughter and I headed to one of our favorite pebble beaches. It was also low tide, so we had lots and lots of beach to roam [read: pillage]. We both found lots more lovely rocks of the appropriate size and shape for use as place cards, paperweights, meditation stones, or just to sit and look pretty lined up on a windowsill. They are nice and flat on the bottom so they don't roll around.

Today's daily devotions were cooked up from three of the stones
you see here, after having their seasalt washed off
and air-drying atop the stove.


I also made what I believe is the last Pandenominational Holiday Ornament of this holiday season. I ran out of ornaments to swap and still owed one! I mailed one today and this one will be given to its intended recipient in person. Hopefully, tomorrow! :-)

2 comments:

Leah said...

hello miz annie!

i love your rocks! the ones you made for place cards for your kids are so great. i love the idea!

-m said...

The rocks are good! They are a nice media addition to daily devotions. More things made from rocks please.