Wednesday, March 18, 2009

two new pieces

Just posted in my Etsy shop this morning. These are two new mixed media collages, made from recycled materials and mounted on stretched canvas. The first shown here is the second in my new series which is an homage, of sorts, to the Buddha and to Chief Seattle.

"The Earth does not belong to Man.
Man belongs to the Earth.
All things are connected,
like the blood which unites one family.
We do not weave the web of life.
We are but a strand in the web of life.
What we do to the web we do to ourselves.
All things are connected."

~ Chief Seattle ~

"We Are All One" c. 2009 annie farnsworth
original mixed media collage on 9" x 12" stretched canvas


The next is another "second in a series" - the birthday homage with words excerpted from a favorite Henri J. Nouwen essay (see my previous blog!). These make great birthday gifts as the piece is both the card and the gift, and the piece is ready for hanging as is. And I can giftwrap and send these to the intended recipient, gift wrap is free. :-)

"So Glad You Were Born" c. 2009 annie farnsworth
original mixed media collage 9"x12" stretched canvas

Is one of your favorite someones having a birthday soon? Drop me a note and I'll make a custom birthday piece; you specify colors, favorite places or hobbies, totem animals, astrological sign... whatever... and I can whip something up that will resonate for that special someone. I LOVE custom work. :-)

No comments: