Friday, March 20, 2009

my son's locks of love

He's been growing his hair out for this for about two years and today was the day. We didn't really plan it that way, but what a great way to mark the first day of Spring!

Jacob's hair will go to Locks of Love, so that a kid who has lost his or her hair to chemo or alopecia or any other medical condition can have a hairpiece made for them. Isn't my kid awesome?

Here's my little hippie before:





Here we've got the hair all sectioned off so that when we cut it we could get as much of the length as possible.

He thought that looked pretty goofy. ;-)

And here's the first section, coming off.


And here's my handsome boy after:

Yay for Jacob, for having the patience to see this through (not to mention putting up with me constantly nagging him about keeping it washed and brushed and out of his face! haha!)

I'm a very proud mom. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a very sweet thing for the two of you to do.

Annie said...

thanks, Mike.

Joy Leftow said...

I've sent hair for others to locks of love. I've had moms give me hair to send - wonderful gift for those in need.